Hong-yu Zhou is an assistant researcher in the National Center for Materials Service Safety at the University of Science and Technology Beijing. His research areas include diamond/Al composites and hypereutectic Al/Si alloy for thermal management, ADI wear-resistant cast iron, corrosion-resistant sucker rod steel.
l Related Projects
- Project 1：“Key Technology Project of HBIS Group Co., Ltd”, “Development of high performance advanced anti-corrosion sucker rod steel”, total fund 750000 RMB, 2019-2022.
- Project 2: “Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities”, “Microstructure and wear resistance mechanism of ADI grinding ball produced by two-step austempering process”, total fund 100000 RMB, 2019-2021.
- Project 3：“Self-selected Project in School of University of Science and Technology Beijing”, “Low-cost Key preparation technology of diamond/Al composites with high-performance for thermal management materials”, total fund 250000 RMB, 2017-2019.
l Main Contributions
- Contribution 1：Diamond/Al composites for heat dissipation were prepared by liquid-solid separation technology that was investigated by SEM, XRD, and EMPA. The high thermal conductivity of the composites was obtained due to the generation of Al4Ni3 and AlNi phases at their interfaces between Al and diamond.
- Contribution 2：A liquid-solid separation technology was applied to fabrication packaging shells made of hypereutectic Al/Si composites with gradient distributions of the microstructure and properties. This new technology with near-net shape solves the problem of the formation of coarse ﬂake primary Si, which will seriously deteriorate the mechanical properties of the materials, and unavoidable with conventional casting method.
- Contribution 3：Austempered ductile irons (ADI) grinding balls produced by the two-step austempering process were analyzed by OM, SEM, Rockwell apparatus, impact-toughness tester, and friction wear testing machine. After a comprehensive analysis, we found the two-step austempering process was a new method for preparing high-performance ADI wear-resistant materials at a low cost.
1. Hong-yu Zhou, Ya-qiang Li, Zheng Yin, Min-rui Ran, Shi-bin Liu, Ying Huang, Wei-dong Zhang, Wen-yue Zheng, Jun-you Liu. Microstructure and mechanical behaviors of grinding balls produced by dual matrix structure two-step austempering process [J]. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmrt.2020.02.095.
2. Hong-yu Zhou, Xin Liu, Zheng Yin, Ya-qiang Li, Chang Liu, Shi-bin Liu, Chun-jing Wu, Jun-you Liu. The fabrication of functional gradient hypereutectic Al-Si composites by liquid-solid separation technology [J]. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2018(763): 49-55. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.05.204.
3. Hong-yu Zhou, Yan-li Yin, Zhong-liang Shi, Chun-jing Wu, Jun-you Liu. The fabrication of Al-diamond composites for heat dissipation by liquid-solid separation technology [J]. Journal of Materials Science-Materials in Electronics, 2017, 28(1): 721-728. DOI: 10.1007/s10854-016-5582-2.
4. Hong-yu Zhou, Yan-li Yin, Jun-you Liu, Chun-jing Wu. Research of Quenching Stability of ADI Grinding balls in the Step Austempering [C]. Lancaster: DEStech Publications, 2016, 416-427. WOS: 000390841000074.
5. Hong-yu Zhou, Yan-li Yin, Chun-jing Wu, Jun-you Liu. Microstructures and properties of diamond/Al composites prepared by liquid-solid separation technology [J], The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2017, 27(9): 1855-1861. DOI: 10.19476/j.ysxb.1004.0609.2017.09.13.
6. Fu-ming Ye, Hong-yu Zhou *, Ge He. Corrosion resistance of induction remelted Fe-based coatings prepared by HVOF spraying[J]. Transactions of Materials and Heat Treatment, 2016, 37(6): 215-220. DOI: 10.13289/j.issn.1009-6264.2016.06.036.
1. Hong-yu Zhou, Ya-qiang Li, Jun-you Liu, Wen-yue Zheng. Method for preparing diamond/Al composites by liquid-solid separation process: China, 202010318168.2[P]. 2020-04-22. Invention patent.
2. Hong-yu Zhou, Zheng Yin, An-sheng Ping, Le-jun Zhang, Yan-li Yin, Shi-ping Wu. Cold press forming assembly die for brake shoes: China, ZL201621417268.6[P]. 2017-07-07. Utility model.
3. Hong-yu Zhou, Zheng Yin, Shu-fu Pang, Le-jun Zhang, Yan-li Yin, Ze-hua Cui. Anti-friction brake shoes: China, ZL201621438433.6[P]. 2017-07-14. Utility model.
4. Hong-yu Zhou, Yan-li Yin, Zheng Yin, Shu-fu Pang, An-sheng Ping, Le-jun Zhang, Ze-hua Cui. Friction recoverable brake shoes: China, ZL201621439029.0[P]. 2017-08-04. Utility model.
5. Wen-yue Zheng, Zhi-min Pan, Hong-yu Zhou. Compound corrosion inhibitor and its preparation method applied to low carbon steel: China, 202010036952.4 [P]. 2020-1-14. Invention patent.
6. Ci Zhang, Wen-yue Zheng, Hong-yu Zhou. High efficiency shot peening cleaning device applied to complex parts: China, 201911157672.2 [P]. 2019-11-20. Invention patent.
7. Jun-you Liu, Yan-xia Li, Yan-li Yin, Ying Huang, Hong-yu Zhou. Method for preparing high silicon aluminum composites for electronic packaging by liquid-solid separation process: China, 201510521926.X [P]. 2017-03-08. Invention patent.