Huimin Wang is an Assistant Professor in University of Science and Technology since Jan. 2018. She got her PhD degree from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering of The Ohio State University in 2013. She worked as Postdoc Researcher and Associate Researcher afterwards. Her research interests are laser impact welding, welding metallurgy, material characterization. She has been working on laser impact welding since her PhD study and aims to improve the joining quality between dissimilar materials.
l Main Projects
- Project 1：The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, “06500107”, total fund 300000 RMB, 2018-2021
1. H. Wang, G. Taber, D. Liu, S. Hansen, E. Chowdhury, S. Terry, J. C. Lippold, G. S. Daehn, Laser impact welding: Design of apparatus and parametric optimization, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 2015, 19: p. 118-124.
2. H. Wang, A. Vivek, Y. Wang, G. Taber, G. S. Daehn, Laser impact welding application in joining aluminum to titanium, Journal of Laser Applications, 2016, 28 (3): p. 032002 (1)-(7).
3. H. Wang, A. Vivek, Y. Wang, G. Viswanathan, G. Daehn, High strain rate embossing with copper plate, International Journal of Material Forming, 2016.
4. H. Wang, Y. Lu, K. Ripplinger, D. Detwiler, A. A. Luo, A statistics-based cracking criterion of resin-bonded silica sand for casting process simulation, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2017, 48B: p. 260-267
5. H. Wang, Y. Wang, Laser-driven flyer application in thin film dissimilar materials welding and spalling, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 2017, 97: p. 1-8.
6. H. Wang, Y. Wang, Characteristics of flyer velocity in laser impact welding, Metals, 2019, 9(3), 281.
7. H. Wang, B. Alexandrov, E. Przybylowicz, Experimental and numerical modeling study of solidification cracking in Alloy 52M filler metal in the cast pin tear test, Welding in the World, 2019.
8. H. Wang, Y. Wang, High-velocity impact welding process: a review, Metals, 2019, 9(2), 144.
9. M. Ran, W. Zheng*, H. Wang*, Fabrication of superhydrophobic surfaces for corrosion protection: a review, Materials Science and Technology, 2019, 35(3), p: 313-326
10. Y. Zhang, H. Wang, S. Babu, J. C. Lippold, J. Kwasegroch, M. LaHa, G. S. Daehn,Collision Welding of Sheet Metals: A Practical and Green Technology, Welding Journal, 2011, 90: p. 46-51.